Sunday, February 27, 2011

I want to travel light - Introduction

How to pack your bag and travel light


Have you ever wondered how some people can fit a weekly luggage into a small size backpack? On your trips have you ever carried too much around and wished that YOU could also go travelling with this tiny backpack?


The days of carrying heavy bags are over for good after you know all I wrote in this article.


Most people bring too much stuff with them when they travel. Funny enough, they bring even more stuff home because the bought more along the way.


See how to avoid that here:

I´ve seen backpackers out there who carry 20kg bags, wear them in an uncomfortable way and are therefore completely immobile. None of them has ever told me they would enjoy it! Please, dear reader, don´t go down that road, it´s unnecessary and your neck and back will hurt. Moreover carrying heavy bags will keep you from being mobile and move quickly.


I usually travel with my 36 litres backpack getting up to around 7-8 kilograms max. It was 10 kilos on my last trip and I felt utterly annoyed. It is small enough for being hand luggage (my bag has roughly these dimensions: 55/30/20cm) on many airlines and big enough for everything you need. That way I can walk around a town with my backpack on me at all times. Hey, I never need to bother about lockers.. Another 3-5 Euros saved I can use for making some nice food for my hosts/friends. And it´s so comfortable too, to have everything with you all the time. And that´s what you want. Especially as a hitch-hiker. You want and you NEED to be mobile. Have you ever seen a hitch-hiker with a trolley-luggage? Nope. You should be able to carry everything AND have your hands free.

No comments: